Key Ideas and Details
- Develop an understanding of geographical environmental, political, social, and economic aspects of the world.
- Develop and practice research skills.
- Develop and practice organization of information and presentation skills.
- Develop and practice of listening skills.
- Plan complete route around the world with nine destinations
- Research facts of climate, culture, economy, political, and/or social interest
- Plan a short presentation of interesting aspects of each destination
- Deliver short presentation each week
- Listen attentively to other club member presentations
- Maximum 15 Members
- Club Sponsor: Mr. John Sutherland
- Club Facilitator: Paul Kiser
Meetings will consist of a short announcement period, followed by three-minute presentations by each club member about the destination they have been researching that week.
A large map will be used to chart all club members journey around the world.
Members will be encouraged to compete in the National Geographic Bee in January 2017.
WEEK ONE: Orientation and initial route planning (Nov. 1)
WEEK TWO thru TEN: Announcements, Presentations (Nov. 15, 22, 29, Dec. 6, 13, 20, Jan. 10, 17, 24)
Possible Research for Each Destination
- Correct Name (English and Local)
- Location (Continent, country, state/province, city, etc.)
- Population and Demographics
- Known For
- Primary Industries
- Interesting Facts
- Geographical Information